English for Specific Academic Purposes is a series of skillsbased courses designed specifically for students about to enter Englishmedium tertiary level studies, covering a wide range of academic subjects.
All titles feature listening and reading texts which provide the essential
background knowledge and vocabulary of the discipline.
Accessible to students from an upper intermediate level (CEF B2).
Applicable to Englishmedium courses in all countries.
Carefully graded practice in the key academic skills needed to deal successfully with lectures, seminars and written assignments.
Key language provides students with formulaic expressions of their disciplines.
Free CDs featuring realistic lectures are included with every title.
Teacher's Books include over 40 pages of photocopiable resources, with activity banks, model texts and vocabulary and grammar reviews.
• Systematic approach to developing academic skills through relevant content
• Focus on receptive skills (reading and listening) to activate productive skills (writing and speaking) in subject area
• Eight-page units combine language and academic skills teaching
• Vocabulary and academic skills bank in each unit for reference and revision
• FREE audio CDs for further self-study or homework
• Ideal coursework for EAP teachers
Contents: Units include:
• Achievements in medicine
• Basic principles in medicine
• Computers in medicine
• Causes and effects of disease
• Basic medical sciences: cells
• Clinical setting: acute care
• Clinical setting: primary care
• Evidence-based medicine
• Current issues in medicine
• The future of medicine