Comprehensive Biological Catalysis: A Mechanistic Reference offers a comprehensive review of enzyme catalysis from a chemical perspective. This multi-volume work thoroughly covers background chemistry. The first volume concentrates on reactions of electrophilic carbon, phosphorous and sulfur. Volume Two provides reactions of nucleophilic/carbanoid carbon. Volume Three highlights radical reactions and oxidation/reduction. The final volume, or the chemical lexicon, consists of clear explanations of alphabetically-arranged specialized terms and concepts. A team of highly regarded authors and editors were gathered together to contribute to a clear and consistent coverage of enzyme catalysis.
* Offers the first comprehensive treatment of enzyme catalysis from a chemical viewpoint
* Lists enzyme reactions by chemical type rather than biological process catalyzed
* Presents enzyme catalysis from a chemical perspective
* Provides clear explanations of chemical concepts in chemical lexicon
* Contains rigorous reviewing and editing which result in coherent, fluid, non-overlapping text
* Features carefully selected authors and excellent indexing