Chemoarchitectonic Atlas of the Rat Brainstem is the most comprehensive atlas of the rat brainstem ever published, featuring 243 fully labeled large photographs of the brainstem. It identifies brains structure not only on the conventional Nissl-stained sections, but also on an additional six stains of interest to neuroscientists.
Scientists will no longer need to search journals in the hope that they may obtain some information about the distribution of the vital substances presented in this book. Chemoarchitectonic Atlas of the Rat Brainstem comprehensively displays them and concurrently sets new standards of accuracy in the delineations of brain regions.
* 243 fully delineated photographic plates in a large 13" x 14" format
* Sets new standards of accuracy in the delineations of brain regions
* Based on a single brain sectioned in the coronal plane
* Presents at regular intervals photographs of sections stained for parvalbumin, calbindin, calretinin, neurofilament protein (SMi32), Nissl, tyrosine hydroxylase, and NADPH/diaphorase
* An excellent companion to The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates, Compact and Fourth Editions, and Chemoarchitectonic Atlas of the Rat Forebrain